San Francisco has deleted language from the 2010 California Electrical Code from this paragraph. (A) General. Service-entrance conductors shall be installed in accordance with the applicable requirements of this Code covering the type of wiring method used and shall be limited to the following methods:
(3) Rigid metal conduit;
(4) Intermediate metal conduit;
(10) Auxiliary gutters;
(11) Rigid non-metallic conduit;
(14) Mineral-insulated, metal sheathed cable;
(B) Raceway Size. Minimum raceway size shall comply with the following:
(1) Except as provided in Section 230.43(B)(2) and (3) the minimum size raceway installed for service entrance conductor shall be 1-1/4 inch (31.8 mm).
(2) Raceways for service entrance conductors for sign or billboard lighting shall not be smaller than 3/4 inch (19.1 mm) conduit.
(3) Installations consisting of not more than two 2-wire branch circuits may be supplied by No. 8 conductors in 3/4 inch (19.1 mm) conduit.
Exception: New service entrance conductors may be repulled in previously approved service raceways, provided the installation complies with the requirements of SFEC Section 89.116 and Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
(FPN): Refer to electric utility server requirements for raceway sizes.